A native of Monroe, Louisiana, Alicia attended University of Louisiana at Monroe, and went on to graduate from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor's degree in Music with a focus in piano. She also obtained her law degree from Louisiana State University Law School. As a law student, she held various clerkships including clerking at Blanchard, O'Quin, and Roberts in Shreveport, Louisiana and the Louisiana Attorney General's office where she assisted with drafting of legislation and assisted the Administrative Law Judge.
Upon graduation, she became the chief judicial law clerk for the Fourth Judicial District Court in Monroe, Louisiana, where she handled the largest mass toxic tort class action filed in the region. She then entered private practice and practiced in such areas as family law, corporate transactions, municipal transactions, medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, commercial litigation, and civil litigation. The Reitzell Law Firm, LLC was established in 2004, where Alicia continues to fervidly represent clients with a focus on family law matters and commercial matters/collections.
Other endeavors include owning and operating a small business for almost twenty years, providing organ/piano accompaniment at various churches for over twenty-five years, performing piano for former Presidents Ford, Carter, and H.W. Bush, studying Spanish language in Barcelona, Spain, serving as a Clerk of Court/Court Administrator, serving as a member of the Board of Tax Appeals, and serving as a Goodwill Ambassador to Japan where she helped promote trade between the ten Mississippi River States and Japan.
- LICENSED ATTORNEY, LOUISIANA, License Number 26482
- LICENSED ATTORNEY, TEXAS, License Number 24043890
- Admitted as an Attorney, United States District Court in the Western, Eastern, and Middle Districts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Qualified Family & Divorce Mediator pursuant to LA R.S. 9:334, et seq.
- Legislation Committee, Member, District 3 (2018-2021), Louisiana State Bar Association
- Community Action Committee, Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Fourth JDC Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Monroe Garden Club, Member
- Public defender with Louisiana Public Defender Board 2018 - present
- Clerk of Court / Court Administrator (former), Monroe City Court
- Board Member (former), Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals
- Diploma for the Study of Spanish, EF Escuela Internacional De Espanol, Barcelona, Spain